Data Protection Policy
The information below sets out how Elly's Pancake House uses and stores the personal data collected via our website, marketing or market research. It is important to us that we protect your privacy and your personal data. If you have any questions about such matters you can contact us at email@example.com
What personal data do we collect?
The personal information we collect from you will vary depending on the context of your interactions with us and the product and/or service that we are providing to you. It may include, but is not limited to, the following information:
When we collect your personal data?
We collect information about you when you:
How do we use your personal data?
Our purpose for collecting personal information is to provide users with a personalized web experience. We use your contact data to send you information about our property and current promotions, and to contact you when necessary. We use your financial data to determine your qualifications for certain offers or services and for billing of products and services. Your demographic data is used to customize your Site experience and to deliver content that may be of interest to you. In all such cases you have the option of providing us with personally identifiable information.
We will only use your personal information in the following ways:
- To communicate with you via SMS, phone call, email, fax, mail and/or any other appropriate communication channels;
- To respond to questions and comments from you;
- To provide the products, goods, facilities, programmes, services, loyalty incentives, and/or such other activities as you may have requested;
- To notify you of any changes to our products, goods, facilities, services and/or loyalty incentives which may affect you via SMS, phone call, email, fax, mail and/or any other appropriate communication channels;
- when it is necessary for our legitimate interests:
- to enable us to supply you with the products and services and information that you have requested
- to help us in the development of, and to improve our products and services
- to provide you with information about products or services that may be of interest to you, using the email address which you have provided or via social media
- to invite you to participate in market research activities, such as responding to interview questions or completing online surveys
- to send you marketing communications, and show you marketing communications on other websites (including social media sites where you are a member)
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- to automatically collect data about visitors to our site (for example browsing patterns) by using cookies
- to maintain our website and ensure network and information security
- to prevent and detect fraud and other criminal offences
- as long as, in each case, these interests are in line with applicable law and your legal rights and freedoms; or
- where you have agreed to this for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes; or
- where this is necessary for legal obligations which apply to us.
We may contact you for marketing purposes relating to our products and services and our website, unless you let us know that you do not want to receive marketing communications. We will only contact you for these marketing purposes by electronic means (email or SMS) where you have agreed to this. Your agreement to the use of your personal information for these purposes is optional and if you decline to provide your agreement, your visit to and use of the website will not be affected.
If contacting you to invite you to participate in market research projects, such as questionnaires or interviews, we will only use your personal data for the purpose of the specific project to which you have consented. That personal data will, once the project has been completed, be removed from our systems (see retention below).
How do we share your personal data?
We may share personal data:
- with other affiliated businesses and organisations which are owned by it
- with other people and/or businesses who provide services on our behalf or at our request
- with regulators and law enforcement agencies, where we are required to do so by law, where necessary for the purposes of preventing fraud and other criminal offences and to ensure network and information security
- with social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Google, Google Analytics, LinkedIn, in pseudonymised or anonymised forms.
In addition, we may use advertising cookies. These advertise Elly's Pancake House across the internet by displaying to you relevant Elly's Pancake House advertising based on what you have viewed. This is done by placing a cookie on your device. Cookies allow us to display advertising that may be relevant to you. For information about other cookies and how to disable them please refer to the section on Cookies below.
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to: obtain confirmation that we hold personal data about you, request access to and receive information about the personal data we maintain about you, receive copies of the personal data we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, object to the processing of your personal data, and have your personal data blocked, anonymised or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access your personal data may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. To exercise these rights, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you changed your mind about your choise you may modify your options here
Changes to this Policy
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. These are used in order to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide useful information about how websites are being accessed and used.
Here is some information about the cookies we use on the Elly's Pancake House website and why.